Monday 25 June 2012

Handmade Swap 2012 Recieved


The Quilt Club Australia (QCA), Handmade Swap 2012 is coming to the really exciting part … where all is revealed.

I have been privileged to be a part of organising this swap, and have to say that it was a great experience.  While it is not on the scale of some of the large quilt/craft swaps going around these days … it has really helped us get to know one another and build these lovely quilty friendships.  Thanks ladies.



I was a bit grumpy this afternoon; post night shift will do that to you!  Imagine my change in mood when I heard the postie stop at our letterbox, and slam the top shut.   



That is a sure sign of a parcel being delivered.  I ran outside, and sure enough there was a package waiting for my eager hands.

What a bundle of goodness …. Kate Spain goodness, at that!! 




 I may, or may not have nearly hyperventilated when realising this was all mine, as the hexie’s are made from scraps sent to the gorgeous Tracey, from Kate herself.  I almost feel like I have won the lottery.


Tracey, from The Peony Teacup has outdone herself with this delectable runner which is just perfect.   




I can just imagine it on my dressing table.  Now I must really make an effort to get my Lantern Quilt finished.


What a lucky girl I am.


 

 Now to wait until my partner receives, so I can blog my creation.


I have made some progress with my EEP Diamonds. Adding three more fabrics to the mix.


 

I must also thank the lovely Kay Hocking for sending me a parcel of Kaffe Fassett scraps.  It had arrived and been placed under some paperwork.  I was unaware until I had a clean up over the weekend.  I feel awful for not finding it sooner, and thanking you.  They are gorgeous and I will use them all!!

Being a quilt machine ... I have also finished Master 7's HST couch throw.  To coincide perfectly with his birthday.






Backed in red minkee, it is divine and so warm to snuggle under.  Straight line quilted either side of the seam up and down, and also diagonally.  

He is pleased, as is his new dinosaur pillow pet ... or so he tells me!!   


Now to put the binding on one for Miss 8 before the school holidays, so that they both can go in the car with them for the drive up the country with Nannie.












4 comments:

  1. Oh that's gorgeous! You are so lucky! Love the reunion couch throw, and minky backing as well, lovely :) Lucky Master 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still pinching myself ... I feel very fortunate to be the owner of this stunning table runner *pun intended*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh such a gorgeous swap gift! That'd definitely cheer up a bad mood ;)

    Loving the HST quilt - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad they arrived caz - i was wondering!! - and really glad you can use them :)

    ReplyDelete