Monday 2 January 2012

A New Year ... Welcome 2012


So here we are another year over and 2012 here.  I am taking the view that this brings lots of opportunities and possibilities around every corner.  I have really enjoyed my first foray into the world of quilting and blogging.  I have met lots of inspirational men and women who have helped to keep me in awe of what you can do with a bit of fabric and some thread!!








I have started the year off with a bang.  A table topper for a beautiful sister in law, has turned into something a little larger.  The pattern I decided to go with, really needed to have more blocks, than what I had.  So it has turned into a picnic rug, or dare I say it, a rug to sit at the cricket on!!!  




Today I have added some extra blocks around the center ones.  I will piece a border also, I think.  It is on the wall now, so will look at it for a couple of days and then decide.



Being New Years Day, a holiday, I was very surprised to see a parcel on my front step this morning.  Could it be?  Yes, it was!  My order of fabric from the lovely Jane at Want it, Need it Quilt.   

A great start to a quilty new year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment