Thursday 20 February 2014

A Quilt Finish





I have showed this quilt before, in varying stages of completion.  It has been a long time coming.  My MIL picked out the fabric line and said go for it. 


This quilt top has been worked on most of last year, during the move.  I had planned to have it finished for Christmas, but as we all know, time just gets away that time of year!


I quilted a simple stipple in the patterned middle, then organic piano keys in the borders.  



I used a variegated thread for both the top and bottom, in the stipple, and a cream top thead in the borders.



The quilt finishes at a nice 84” x 84”.

All ready to gift!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't think I've seen the fabric up close before this...pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful piece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete