This year we have been blessed to have a wonderful teacher, guiding our daughter and her classmates.
I wanted to experiment with an idea that I had, and this was the perfect opportunity.
I took to a plain piece of white fabric with a black Sharpie pen.
Then it was loaded onto the frame, with another mini, to save on backing fabrics!
After basting, I quilted all the black lines, birds and letters in a black thread on the top.
Then changed to white and filled in the rest.
Don't look to closely at the back, still getting the hang of working this machine! I do like how the flying bird looks like it is flying from the cage, from the back. Unintentional, but cute!
I bound the mini in a red and white polka dot fabric from the stash.
Machine bound, I stitched to the front then pressed for a crisp fold at the front. Flipping it around and stitching in the ditch, on the front. It has caught nicely all the way around.
This is my usual way, but I did this without pinning!!! Nothing like throwing caution to the wind for a finish.
I just need to hand sew the label down on two sides, and add the hanging bits.
I am really pleased with the end result.