Monday 22 August 2011

In the beginning ....

The desire to quilt and craft had never got me ... that was, until this year.

I can safely say that I am bitten by the bug and have proceeded to make my first four quilts so far this year.  Nothing too grand in the quilting world, however a shining achievement to me. 

What can I tell you about me?

I am mother of two beautiful children.  Tenille who is 7, and Lachlan who has just turned 6 years old.

  
 I am also a newly graduated midwife who is navigating her graduate year with all the ups and downs that beginning a new career will throw at you.

My first foray into quilting began this year in March.  I had sewed some items of clothing and fabric flowers up earlier in the year with the machine that was my partners grandmothers.  An old trusty Bernina 730 record.  When I realised that I needed to finish the edges, I decided to try and make a small quilt, until I could get my hands on an overlocker.  Well shall we say, the rest is history!

I will blog those quilts when I get a chance, so that you can see what I have been up to.

Caz XX

No comments:

Post a Comment